Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sleep

So Xan finally fell asleep last night/this morning at 7 a.m. After being awake for almost 9 hours. I thought babies slept all the time...at least off and on.. but not him! This is the second time he's done a long stretch of nothing will make me go to sleep. Last time was for about 7 hours. I feel so bad for him because I think he's sleepy but he just fights it. His little eyes start getting droopy then droopier then closed and then....wha wha whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Finally after marathon nursing he fell asleep, or I guess it could've just been a coincidence and he fell asleep from exhaustion. I tried looking up information about why babies won't sleep and couldn't find anything about newborns. Apparently colic doesn't kick in till month three and most babies just have trouble falling asleep in certain situations. We tried all situations and nothing worked. For those who are wondering... we tried: swaddeling...swaddeling with a different blanket..changing his clothes, taking off his clothes, rocking, bouncing, walking, singing, cuddling, letting him cry, and nursing off and on for all those nine hours. He's been sleeping like a champ now with only about an hour interruption for feeding and changing for....9 hours so I guess we'll see how he does tonight. Suppose it's possible this is just his schedule? Sleep 12 up 9? That ought to be interesting :)

I am prepared for another sleepless night though. I have my little baby backpack thing that you wear in front so he and I will clean the house (no harsh chemicals don't worry) and maybe finally take down the Christmas tree :)

No comments: