Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sleep for Mommy :)

Woohooo! I have discovered the way to calm him down when he's tired but frantically trying to not fall asleep. Last night after several hours of him not going to sleep again I started thinking swaddling is supposed to work, why isn't it working? It wasn't working because he is a little escape artist and gets his hands out in about two minutes flat. So midscream I pinned his arms to the side of his body and he was asleep almost instantly. It was amazing. Seriously, miracle type amazing. We're talking full on scream to sound asleep in under a minute. Possibly the most beautiful thing ever! With him asleep I swaddled him and as he was sleeping calmly he didn't thrash loose and he slept from 12-3:30 then he went back to sleep around 4:30 and slept till almost 9. I couldn't believe it!
I know I titled the post sleep for mommy but I'm honestly more happy that the little man got some sleep. He gets so miserable when he can't go to sleep it just kills me. I don't even want to think how horrible it'll be when it is something bigger/worse that I can't fix. I wonder how much it'll cost to keep him in a bubble forever :)

No comments: